What is a Mentor and what can they do for me as a Designer?
A Mentor is an Independent Designer who chosen to grow their team and take on the responsibility of training and coaching other designers. Your mentor is your first point of contact. Your mentor is your own personal cheerleader. It is their job to make sure that you have all the tools you need to succeed. You want to be sure that you feel comfortable with the Mentor you choose. You want to find a Mentor that you can connect with; someone who is committed to the success of their team.
A Good Origami Owl® Mentor will:
- Be open and available for contact from their Designers.
- Help their Designers set up an initial business launch date.
- Provide initial hostess coaching suggestions for their Designers first few parties.
- Review/Explain the ordering and payment process and how to navigate your Back Office.
- Encourage participation in training calls.
- Explain/Review the purpose of opportunity calls.
- Review/Explain the importance of the career plan.
- Understand why their Designers have joined the Origami Owl® team and support them in their goals.
- Continue to guide and mentor their Designers through ongoing coaching.
Coaching has become second nature to me. I’ve been doing in some form or another for most of my life. I truly have a passion for helping others. Nothing makes me happier than to see others succeed. And if I can help them along the way that’s even better! An essential part of being a good mentor is being a good leader.
What makes a good leader?
- GOOD LISTENER Being a good listener allows for a flow of new ideas. I want you to feel comfortable coming to me when you need help with any problems that arise. I want to hear about the problems you’re facing so that together we can come up with a good solution for you!
- AVAILABLE I have plenty of time set aside to grow my business. I’m also aware that things come up that you can’t plan for and I am a firm believer that you can make time for things that are important to you. And I assure you that I will make time for you.
- ORGANIZED A good leader plans ahead and organizes the time it will take to accomplish their goals. When I set goals I commit to meeting them.
- COMMUNICATION Communication is key! The more time I spend as a leader communicating with you the more I can get everyone involved as a team.
- LEAD BY EXAMPLE I believe that positivity is infectious. I will try my best to set a great positive example so that you can find the good in every situation. Whether you are struggling or whether you are succeeding; I will be there to cheer you own.
So, you’ve searched around and you’ve found the perfect match – your mentor. Now you’re ready to sign up! Click here. If you’d like to join my team enter Referral ID: 14951. Email me with your confirmation code from your wait list email. firstname.lastname@example.org. I will connect you to all the resources you need to begin your training as a DIW.