Social media is a HUGE part of today’s society whether we like to admit it or not. I mean heck, 9 out of 10 of you probably found this article through Pinterest, Facebook, Google+ or Twitter… So you’ve mastered the face to face aspects of party planning and you’re looking to build your business and the next step is social media. Maybe you’ve made a facebook page or a pinterest account but you’re not seeing a ton of conversation happening… Hmm, what’s with that!? Well let’s get down to some of the basics and help you get the conversation started!
It is important to create a voice that reflects you and your brand across all social platforms. The key is consistency! Try brainstorming a few key words that best reflect your brand and base your posts around them.
Facebook is a great place to start. If you haven’t already done so get your fanpage set up and share it on your personal page to let your friends know about your Origami Owl business! Now let’s take things up a notch! Try incorporating a few of these tips into your posts and watch your fan base grow.
- Host a monthly “challenge” for your fans.
- Incorporate holiday or themes to make your posts more relate-able.
- Connect with your customers, show them the real you – people don’t want to connect with a computer they want to connect with someone they can relate to
- Think open ended questions
- Think about posts that tend to spark your interest, more than likely your audience will relate as well.
Here’s a great example! Schedule a post during your “prime time” and challenge your fans to the last comment. Set a starting time and ending time. This little challenge could be for a small prize or something as simple as bragging rights, that’s up to you!
Who knew that Pinterest could benefit your Origami Business and not just your organization skills or recipe book!? No need to create a separate business account for pinterest just cater the majority of your pins around your Origami business! Think about those keywords we talked about earlier cater your pins around your brand, your thing, your signature, your style.
- Want to take things up a notch? Try a Pin It To Win it contest!
Well here at Origami we are all about “Being a Force for Good”, right? Everyone loves a positive quote or two to lighten their day. Why not start there?
- As you grow a list of followers start incorporating a few business related tweets think 1 business tweet for every 5 other tweets.
- Make your tweets searchable by incorporating #OrigamiOwl #Hashtags
A picture says a thousand words right? Now how about sharing those pictures with thousands of potential customers and hostesses! Keep your eyes open for images that convey your “message”, your “image”, etc.
AMPLIFY Your Brand:
What will you be known for?
- A specific color, a shape, a message, a promise, your passion, your Origami “why”?